Our Chlorella is a nutrient-packed Superfood that may supercharge your immune system*! The broken cell wall ensures maximum bio-availability*. Here are some of the nutrients contained in this powerful blue-green algae:
Protein: Chlorella is 50–60% protein. What's more, it's a complete protein source, meaning it contains all nine essential amino acids.
- Vitamin B12: Some Chlorella varieties may also contain vitamin B12, but more studies are needed.
- Iron and vitamin C: Chlorella can be a good source of iron. Depending on the supplement, it may provide anywhere from 6–40% of your daily need. It's also an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps you absorb iron.
- Other antioxidants: These tiny green cells provide a wide range of antioxidants
- Other vitamins and minerals: Chlorella provides small amounts of magnesium, zinc, copper, potassium, calcium, folic acid and other B vitamins
- Omega-3s: As with other algae, Chlorella contains some omega-3s. Just 3 grams of Chlorella delivers 100 mg of omega-3s.
- Fiber: In large quantities, Chlorella can be a good source of fiber. However, most supplements don't provide even 1 gram of fiber per dose.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.